News and 'live' updates on the 2005 Staples2Naples Rally (Main site : www.staples2naples.ca )

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

getting closer...

So a few things have made the rally harder.

i) I've done my foot in. I initally thought I'd broken my ankle, but thankfully I haven't. I think I've pulled ligaments. Doesn't hurt much now luckily although still swollen and bruised. I have a habit of injuring my foot! Hopefully by the time of the rally it should be fully recovered.

ii) Fuel Blockades in the UK and rest of Europe could make things harder for us. Maybe we should have got a Metro instead of a Gas-Guzzler :) Its all filled up, so we should be able to get to Dover! Just hope the French don't blockade Calais :)

iii) Hotels. The organisers managed to get discounted rates. However, the cost seems to have been customer service (or rather the lack of). The Hotel we were suppose to be staying at in Sarnen, now appears...not to be there. Finally three months after sending the confirmations off, we now have confirmations.

So, all good fun. In other news .....

Childrens Wish Foundation recieved their 30 games from EA Canada and EA Blackbox (downtown Studio) this morning. These will be used as prizes in the raffle at their 'Wishmaker' Parade which takes place in Vancouver in October.

Two auctions are currently running. Firstly a Dynatwist Induction Kit for a 1.8 VT Leon or Ibiza is up for grabs here courtsey of Bill at Badger5. Second auction is a Ten-Tenths Motorsports Forum, complete with a couple of goodies. This auction can be viewed here.

I will be collecting the stickers tomorrow, while Rob is now starting some of the painting of the car prior to my arrival back in the UK next week. We have also recieved the plots of the Flintstone characters to trace onto the car ( a teaser of Barney on the left). I think they will come out very well :)

Probably one more update here, before I fly to the UK and this blog becomes more of a live update diary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home